Avana Enterprises is a high growth company in its seventh year of business, and has emerged in the Regina construction industry as a leading developer. Driven by a team of motivated and enthusiastic leaders, with an unwavering entrepreneurial spirit, Avana Enterprises is dedicated to providing the community with beautiful and safe rental homes.
We are expanding our team of professionals and are seeking hard working individuals, committed to personal development and excellence, who share similar goals and core values with our team. Everything we do is guided by our values: act with honesty and integrity, evolve with innovation and improvement, lead our community in social responsibility, incubate entrepreneurial spirit and personal development, while encouraging accountability.
Avana Enterprises is hiring two Maintenance/Handyperson positions. The successful applicant will be a professional, self-reliant, trustworthy and an efficient individual who will offer exceptional customer service to our clients. Reporting to the Manager of Operations, you will be responsible for a variety of maintenance work on our properties.
- Work effectively with Property Managers to schedule and perform a variety of maintenance tasks in rental units.
- Offer a high level of customer service every maintenance call.
- Present yourself in a professional manner at all times.
- Knowledge and experience with deck and stair repairs.
- Replacement and/or installation of various items including lights, light bulbs, doorknobs, home appliances, doors, flooring, faucets.
- Repairs/replacement of closet shelving/wiring.
- Repair and/or installation of interior handrails, toilet paper holders, towel holders.
- Adjustment of doors and locks due to shifting of the rental unit.
- Repair and/or replacement of weather stripping on exterior doors.
- Tightening and/or replacement of p-traps.
- Testing of smoke detectors, changing of batteries and/or replacement of smoke detectors.
- Snake/plunge toilets and sinks.
- Use of heat guns to thaw frozen doors and/or locks.
- Replacement of furnace filters.
- Cleaning/tidying of construction sites as required.
- Cleaning of rental properties and/or appliances as required.
- Cleaning of mould and use of anti-mould cleaning sprays.
- Reset codes on electronic entry pads.
- Patch drywall and interior painting.
- Have a good understanding of basic thermostat, plumbing, electrical and mechanical issues.
- May be required to perform basic maintenance on kitchen appliances, washers and dryers.
- Landscaping maintenance, including spraying and cleaning dead weeds.
- De-ice and snow removal of commercial properties sidewalks.
- Run dehumidifier in rental units.
- Order and keep accurate record of shop inventory/supplies.
- Any other maintenance required on rental assets.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean driver’s abstract.
- Ability to haul a trailer is considered an asset.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Strong and transparent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-schedule.
- Be efficient with time.
- Pride yourself on high quality work.
- Computer literacy is an asset. You will be required to learn and utilize Property Management specific software, as well as PO’s in accounting software.
- In this position, you may be required to work outside of the regular office hours, including evenings and weekends during busy times.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $65,000 based on education and experience.
Benefits: Dental and medical benefits package. 80% of the cost is covered by Avana. Option for employee to purchase disability and life insurance.
Group RRSP and RRSP Match Program: 2% of salary matched in year two, 3% of salary matched in year three, 4% of salary matched in year 4 and 5% of salary matched in year 5. Avana’s matched portion vests 12 months after first contribution.
Vacation Entitlement: 4 weeks.
Annual Bonus: Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary as annual bonus.
A work vehicle, mobile phone and Macbook or Ipad will be provided to the successful candidate.
If you enjoy having a variety of tasks day to day and are looking for a long-term, fulfilling career that offers financial security, this may be a great opportunity for you! Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted. We will accept applications until Friday May 8th, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.